Monday, December 24, 2007

Introduction

In the spirit of the fuglyhorseoftheday blog which I am hopelessly addicted to I have decided to go ahead and post about the various sim horse games you can find online. I have been actively involved in sim horse gaming for over 10 years as well as horse rpging. I therefore feel qualified to honestly rate games/rpgs and hopefully get more attention to them as far as new members go. For new people to the gaming/rpging worlds here's a few definitions:

Automated sim horse game: The game is completely run by a computer, the user hits keys to enter their horse(s) into shows, train them, breed them, etc. No human/human interaction necessary, however usually they have forums and chat rooms in case you wish to talk to a fellow human being.

E-mail based sim horse game: This game is mainly run off of a central forum and the website designed by the game's creator. You use e-mails primarily to enter shows, arrange breedings, etc. Human/human contact is necessary for this game and most games pride themselves on being a small community.

Horse RPG: This game is run off of forums and/or chat rooms where people role play as horses. Rules vary widely in this genre and the rpg might be focused on realism completely, fantasy completely, or a mixture of both. (The famous example from my past where stallions bowed to mares and offered them roses comes to mind.) There is no right or wrong way to role play, only matters of taste.

I will be taking requests for reviewing games, otherwise I'll be going down the list of those games I know of personally and then those I find on webring.com and the various horse sim top lists!

No comments: